- New features list from Blackboard for the upgrade.
- Supported browsers for Blackboard 9.1 SP 12.
- Atomic Learning has great overview videos for the upgrade. Learn about logging in to view the Atomic Learning videos through the UIS login.
- New options for creating discussion board
- Standard discussion board forum (create threads
- Create a thread in order to view any posts.
- Other setting options have been reordered, but not changed.
- Avatar images appears next to name in DB.
- Mark as unread and flag are available as buttons
Google Tool Integration
In any content area of Blackboard (Course Materials, Assignments, etc), you can link to and enable your students to use and edit Google Sites, Documents, and Calendars.
The Blackboard and Google Apps for Education integration logs you into both services with a single sign-on.
Blank Page tool
If you are going to post only text and images on a page of Blackboard, this is a great tool for you!
Profile (Avatar images)
Course Themes & Teaching Styles
The “Teaching Style” area replaces the Style tool in the Customization menu of the Control Panel. You can choose from several predefined menu styles and choose different colors schemes for your course.
- More modern look
- Due dates from across your course are automatically integrated
- Add events more easily
- Drag and drop to change due dates
- Export to third-party calendars (Outlook, Gmail)
Easy to create! Save time! Reusable!
- Click on the score and totals automatically
- Detailed feedback
- Can be used with
- discussion boards
- Does not work with groups assignments
Test Options have changed quite a bit.
- Exceptions make it easy to create differently timed tests and availability for making up tests or for ODS accommodations.
- How you show results and feedback to students is now more flexible.
- Add a question at any point in the test canvas, not just to the end.
- Upload page changed for students. It is less confusing and students are able to preview their document before submitting.
- Inline grading rocks!
- Vastly improved functionality.
- Full Screen edit mode.
- Video Anywhere
The Retention Center replaces the Early Warning System. It aggregates data automatically and displays information about the status of your students. You can set up customized alearts and reach out to students through the RC, and it tracks and records those contacts. Plus, it also tracks your engagement with the course.