To create a test:
- Go to the Control Panel.
- Click on Course Tools > Tests, Surveys, and Pools > Tests
- Click on Build Test
- On the next screen, enter a Name for the test.
If you like you may also add a Description (appears below the name of the test in your content area in Blackboard), and Instructions (appears above the test questions while students take the test).
- Click Submit.
- To add a new question:
- Click on Create Question and select the type of question you would like to add (True/False, Multiple Choice, Essay, etc.).
- Fill out the information for that question type.
- Click OK.
- To reuse one or more questions from another test or pool:
- Click on Reuse Question and select “Find from Pool or Test.”
- Under “1. Pools and Tests to Search,” select the Pool or Test that contains the questions you would like to copy to your new test.
- Under “2. Criteria,” check “All” to see all the questions contained in your pool or test. Check specfic type(s) of questions to limit the questions displayed.
- Under “3. Assign Points,” you may choose to use the points currently assigned to the questions or assign a new point value.
- Click Search to view the questions.
- Check the box for each question you would like to copy into your new test.
- Click on the blue “Add Selected” button to copy the questions into your test.
- To include a random block of questions from a pool (for example, to randomly select 10 questions from a pool of 30):
- Click on Reuse Question and select “Create Random Block.”
- Under “1. Search the Pools below,” select the Pool from which you would like to draw questions.
- Under “2. Criteria,” check “All” to include all types of questions in your randome block. Or, if you’d like to limit your random block to specific types of questions (only multiple choice or true/false), check the specfic type(s) of questions to include.
- Also under “2. Criteria,” enter the number of questions to include and the number of points each question should be worth.
- Click Import.
- When your test is complete, click OK to leave the test.
- To post/deploy the test for students, please see “Posting & Deploying a Test for Students.”