A few weeks after the semester ends, a course will automatically become unavailable to all students. If you have a student with an incomplete who needs access to a course after this occurs, the course can be made available to just that student. This is a two part process. First, you would need to mark the course as unavailable to the other students who were enrolled in the class. Then, you will make the course available (open) again. Although this will open up the course again, only the student marked as available will have access. To make the course unavailable to the other students in the class:
- In the Control Panel, go to Users & Groups and Users.
- The right-most column shows the Availability of the course for each student, when the course is made available. If the course is available, students having ‘Yes’ in that column will have access. If the course is not available, all students will not have access.
- To change a student’s availability from ‘Yes’ to ‘No’, hover on the username for a student to make the drop-down arrow appear. Click on the drop-down arrow and menu and select Change User’s Availability in the Course.
- Change the drop-down option for Available (this course only) to be No and click Submit.
- Repeat steps 3 & 4 for all students who need to be made unavailable.
- Once completed for all students except for the student with the Incomplete, confirm that only the student with the Incomplete has ‘Yes’ in the Availability column.
To make the course available again:
- In the Control Panel, go to Customization and Properties.
- Under step 3, change the Make Course Available to Yes and click Submit.