Announcements are an ideal way to post time-sensitive information critical to course success. Add announcements for these types of course activities:
- Due dates for assignments and projects
- Changes to your syllabus
- Corrections/clarifications of materials
- Exam schedules
You can add, edit, and delete announcements from the Announcements page. When you add an announcement, you can also send it as an email to students in your course. Students receive the announcement even if they don’t log into your course.
Announcements appear in the order you post them. The most recent announcement appears first.
- In your course, click on Announcements.
- Select Create Announcement.
- Type a Subject, which appears as the title of the announcement on the Announcements page.
- Type your message.
- In the Web Announcements Options section, you can choose to restrict the announcement by date:
- If you choose Not Date Restricted, the announcement is visible until you remove it.
- If you choose Date Restricted, select the Display After and Display Until check boxes to enable the date and time selections. Provide the date and time restriction settings. To display an announcement from a date forward, select the Display After check box and provide a date and time, but don’t select the Display Until check box.
- Select the Email Announcement check box to send students an email with the announcement.The email is sent to all students, even those who chose not to receive announcement notifications through email. Note: This option doesn’t work if you chose to post the announcement in the future. You’ll receive an error.
- Optionally, in the Course Link section, select Browse to link to a course area, tool, or item. Note: A course link won’t appear in the email announcement if you choose to send one.
- Select Submit.