Our friends at the Brookens Library, share the following message with UIS faculty.
In these unprecedented times and in an ever-evolving situation, faculty and staff of Brookens Library are available to provide remote services for you and your students. Library Faculty are available to assist you in finding materials that can be accessed online at no cost to your students.
- Open Educational Resources (OER) are being recommended as a resource for your classes as access to these materials are free to use, or adapt and customize. Consult our OER guide or contact library faculty for assistance. Scholarly EBook collections that we have purchased or subscribe to that are research and discipline related, are accessible online and can be used for classes and coursework. Leisure books for relaxing or entertainment can be searched and read through the Cloud Library Collection.
- A new streaming media guide with links to our video resources that we currently subscribe to, as well as materials that vendors are providing free at this time.
- If you currently have materials checked out from our library or any of the I-Share libraries, IGNORE DUE DATES! If you can no longer renew materials online, keep them anyway. The CARLI consortia libraries are working together to serve our patrons across Illinois. Many I-Share libraries that are usually open to patrons from I-Share member libraries are closed due to spring breaks or in response to the virus so please check their web sites or call ahead before visiting any libraries.
- A new COVID-19 guide has been created to keep all pertinent Library information together in one place to best serve faculty and patrons.
- Instant messaging chat services are being offered as many library faculty will be working remotely and not in their offices. You can also email library staff as needed for assistance. Contact the Library’s Main Desk at 217.206.6605