In order to prepare students for remote learning this fall, COLRS has create a short orientation module that can be imported into any UIS Canvas course site. The materials have been reviewed by UIS faculty and posted to Canvas Commons for easy inclusion in your course(s).
- Log in to Canvas with your NetID and password.
- Click on Commons in the blue Canvas menu.
- Search the Commons for “Remote Learning at UIS” and click on the green MODULE (for a version that will not hide navigation links in your course) or click on this direct link to the Remote Learning at UIS content.
[Note: the blue course import that will appear during this search will hide your navigation links upon import. We apologize for the work that has caused some faculty. We have created this modules version to prevent that issue. The content is the same.]
- Click on Import/Download on the right side of the screen.
- Check the boxes for any courses into which you wish to import the module
- Click “Import into Course.”
The materials are also accessible through the “More” menu in Canvas. Click on the “Remote Learning Orientation” to view the materials.