One question that we are anticipating coming up as we move to Canvas, is how to “moderate” student quizzes. Often, faculty need to give students “special” access to quizzes for a variety of reasons.
Examples of “special access”:
Student needs an extra attempt
Student needs extra time
To “Moderate” a quiz in Canvas:
1. Go into your Canvas course and select “Quizzes” from the navigation bar.
2. Locate the quiz you wish to “moderate” and select the name of it.
3. This will take you to the information for that quiz. Locate the “Moderate This Quiz” button in the upper right and select it.
4. This will take you the “Moderate Quiz” screen. You will have a list of all of your students and the following information will be provided.
- Name of Student
- Number of attempts available
- Time it took student to take quiz
- Number of attempts left
- Edit/Moderate pencil icon
To give your student extra time and/or an extra attempt, select the “pencil” icon.
5. A dialogue box will appear where you can give this student:
- Extra Attempts
- Extra Time on Every Attempt
If the quiz is locked, choose to” Manually unlock the quiz for the next attempt.”