Canvas New Feature Ideas allow all Canvas users to suggest ideas and rate ideas for new and existing features and fixing bugs in Canvas. Canvas use New Feature Ideas to prioritize work. They have some great pages about starting idea conversations and the Canvas development process.
Who can start an idea?
Any registered user! Your UIS Canvas account allows you to create new ideas and rate or comment on existing ideas. Rating the is the “voting” mechanism that Canvas uses to measure support for an idea.
How do I rate a conversation?
Rating is how you demonstrate just how important an idea conversation is to you.
To rate an idea conversation, click on the “Log in to participate” button in the red banner at the top of the page. Click on the number of stars you wish to rate it, with 1 being low and 5 being the highest importance.
Notes: You must be logged into the Community to rate. Also, you cannot rate your own idea.
Canvas Ideas that we think UIS faculty and staff may wish to rate and move up in the development pipeline:
What do the stages for Canvas Ideas mean?
- Initial Stage: Canvas is reviewing your idea
- Moderating: An idea conversation starter that is incomplete or needs clarification may be placed into Moderating status.
- Open for Conversation: Ideas that are open for conversation allow any Community member to rate or comment on the idea.
- In Development: In Development ideas conversations are currently being worked on or will commence work within the next six months.
- On Beta: On Beta idea conversations have features available in the Beta account of your Canvas environment. Visit How do I access the Canvas beta environment?
- Archived/Not Currently Planned: Archived idea conversations include a comment and provide clear reasons for why the conversation was archived.
- Complete: Complete ideas have features that are implemented and deployed to Canvas.