Home: A Memory

Today marks the half-way point for my time in China, and by the end of today, I will have spent a total of 4 consecutive weeks outside of the United States (I also participated in the Japan trip). Lately, I’ve been feeling a bit homesick, so for your entertainment, and my solace, I have compiled a list of the things I miss (thanks for the idea, Lee).

First, I miss people and pets — friends, family, animals, etc. I can’t wait to spend some time with people once I return.

Second, I miss the small freedoms I had — no curfew, no website restrictions, the ability to hop in my car and drive where ever I want, and the simple fact that I wouldn’t have to adhere to a strict schedule 5-6 days a week. Having free time is a luxury I din’t expect to miss.

Third, I miss my clothes — I only brought 8 sets of clothes, and I am tired of these shirts and shorts. I never thought I would miss having a bit of variety in my clothing selection.

Fourth, I miss my bed and pillow– back home, I have this amazing pillow, and the comfort of a familiar bed would be great.

Fifth, honestly I miss Illinois — mostly just the relatively clean air xD