Little Trouble in Big China

On Wednesday I woke up with a sore throat and a stuffy nose… The makings of a cold, but I figured I could power through it. Boy, was I wrong! I woke up Thursday morning, (yesterday), with a pain in my throat I had not felt since having strep as a six year old child and a head so congested my teeth hurt! I had to skip out on the martial arts lessons yesterday afternoon, which made me sad, but after taking a 4.5 hour nap and then getting a full night of sleep last night I am feeling so much better today! Just a plugged nose and a bit of a cough is all that is left!

I am glad that I decided to rest up yesterday because this morning we visited the Hangzhou Cuisine Museum! It was much cooler than I expected, even if most of the displays were just plastic foods. The foods looked so real I wanted to eat them… especially all of the many delicious looking plastic roast ducks I encountered. The museum is in a beautiful wetland type area, and though it was raining I still got to enjoy watching some baby ducks swim around (ironic, I know…), and see all of the beautiful plants in and around the water. We got to actually eat lunch at the museum, which was incredible! My favorite food so far is this sort of pork belly sandwich you make by splitting a steamed bun in half and stuffing it with pork. I need to learn how to prepare pork belly Chinese style so I can make it in the U.S.!

I am hoping my head cold is on its way out, as the weekend is approaching, and it is our last weekend here in Hangzhou before we head to Shanghai later next week! Much love from China, I hope no one back home is sick!