Kaltura Media is a media management tool built into Canvas. Recordings made with Capture are automatically published to Kaltura. You may also upload videos you’ve created with other tools to Kaltura. Learn More about Kaltura and Personal Capture.
Accurate captions (99% accurate) for all videos are required by law. Learn how to caption your videos in Kaltura Media.
Embed in any Canvas Rich Content Editor (Page, Quiz, Discussion, Assignment)
- Log in to Canvas.
- Go to your Canvas course.
- Create or edit any page, quiz, discussion topic, or assignment — any area in which there is access to the Rich Content Editor.
- Click on the Apps button (looks like an electrical plug) on the far right side. You may need to click on the “More” button to see it.
- On the Select App screen, choose Embed Kaltura
- Click on “Add New” to upload or create a video
OR click “Select” next to the video you want to add.
- The video will be embedded in the content editor.
- Click “Save” or “Save and Publish” when you are done editing your content.