The Rigor Relevance Framework was developed by the International Center for Leadership in Education to examine curriculum, instruction, and assessment along the two dimensions of higher standards and student achievement. The tool can be used for both instruction and assessment.
- The Knowledge Taxonomy (y-axis) based on Bloom’s Taxonomy
- Six level – thinking continuum
- Application Model (x-axis), developed by Bill Daggett
- Five level – knowledge continuum
- Includes using knowledge to solve complex, real-world problems and create projects, designs, and other works for use in real-world situations.
- Supplemental Resource: Handbook with Instructional Activities Checklist