The inline grading tool for Blackboard Assignments is not functioning. We’ve identified two work-arounds for this issue. If you would like to continue using an inline grading function, consider creating a Turnitin Assignment to replace the current Blackboard assignment. You can also learn to grade a Turnitin Assignment. The other work-around, described below, is to download the student’s work, mark it up in Microsoft Word or other text editor, and upload the document to the course grade center.
- In the Grade Center of your course, locate an assignment that is ready for grading, which is denoted by the exclamation mark icon.
- Hover your mouse over the Exclamation mark and click on the down arrow that appears.
- On the menu that appears, click on “Attempt mm/dd/yy”
- Click on the Assignment title (in blue text on the right side of the page) to download the assignment. Most files will end in .doc or .docx.
- Open the document and type your feedback or use Track Changes. When you’re finished grading, save it to your computer.
- To upload the document with your feedback, click on the blue Attempt area. In the textbox that appears, click on the small paperclip icon. Select your file and click Open.
- The name of the file should appear as a link in the textbox. Enter the grade for the student and click Submit.