The email tool allows you to send email to other people in your course without launching a separate email program. You can send email to individual users or to groups of users.
Blackboard keeps no record of your email, whether you send or receive it. Any email you receive from Blackboard appears in your UIS email inbox. Keep a copy of important messages in case you need them at a later date.
You can send email to these users:
- All Users: All users in your course
- All Groups: All groups in your course
- All Student Users: All students in your course
- All Teaching Assistant Users: All teaching assistants in your course
- All Instructor Users: All instructors in your course
- Select Users: Select the users from a list
- Select Groups: Select groups from a list
Note: Recipients of each email won’t see the email addresses of other recipients.
- You can find the Blackboard email tool in these areas:
- On the course menu, select Tools > Send Email.
- On the Control Panel, select Course Tools > Send Email.
- On the Send Email page, select a link, such as All Users.
- For Select Users or Select Groups, select the recipients in the Available to Select box and select the right-pointing arrow to move them into the Selected box. Use the left-pointing arrow to move a user out of the recipient list. Select Invert Selection to select users whose names aren’t highlighted, and deselect users whose names are highlighted.
Note: To select multiple users in a list on a Windows computer, press the Shift key and select the first and last users. To select users out of sequence, press the Ctrl key and select each user needed. On a Mac, press the Command key instead of the Ctrl key. You can also use the Select All function to send an email to all users.
- Type your Subject. Your message won’t be delivered without a subject.
- Type a Message.
- Select Attach a file to browse for a file from your computer. You can attach multiple files to your message.
- Select Submit.