With all the uncertainty that we all have for this Fall, our students definitely feel these stresses. One way that we can reduce this uncertainty is by contacting our students early to let them know what we are planning for our Fall classes. This includes whether or not there will be face-to-face sessions planned and/or synchronous online sessions via Zoom and dates/times if you have them already.
Even though our Canvas courses aren’t populated yet, you can get a list of student emails from Enterprise following the instructions below and contact them before they are added to your Canvas course. Students will be populated into Canvas on August 17. After this you can message them directly through Canvas. (More on this topic can be found in the COLRS Teaching Blog)
Instructions to access students enrolled in courses using Self-service (Enterprise):
- Go to the Enterprise Self-Service system. (https://apps.uillinois.edu/selfservice/ )
- Click on UIS.
- Login with your UIS NetID and Password.
- Click on the Faculty & Advisor Services tab across the top of the page.
- Click on the Faculty Services link.
- Click on Class List – Summary to view your class roster in a condensed format.
- Click “Display E-mail Addresses” at the bottom of the page.