Transcript for Viewing and editing captions in Kaltura Media in Canvas
Note: All new videos uploaded to Kaltura automatically have captions requested. You do not need to request machine captions. However, the captions do not automatically show on your video. To show your captions, you will need to review and edit them, and then select the button that says Show on Player. See below for instructions.
- Go to Canvas at UIS and go into one of your Canvas courses.
- Click on the My Media button to view all your videos uploaded to Kaltura Media.
- Click on one of your videos to open it.
- Click on Actions, and then Caption and Enrich.
- Scroll down to locate the captions. Click on the Pencil icon to edit. The caption editor will show up in the browser next to your video so that you can view them simultaneously.
- To edit, click in the text of the caption to make edits.
- When you are finished reviewing and editing your captions, click on the Save button. This allows you to come back and finish editing later. At this point, your captions still do not show on your video.
- To publish the captions and make them visible, click on the back button so that you viewing the video again.
- Click Actions, and then Edit.
- Beneath the preview of the video, click on the Captions tab.
- Next to the English captions line, look for the button on the far right to “Show on Player.”
- Once this button is clicked, your students will be able to turn captions on and off by using the CC button the video player.