How do I assess individual contributions?
Use technology. Promote the use of tools that capture individual contributions through versioning. Examples of tools provided by UIS:
Implement peer evaluation. Allow group members to evaluation one another and themselves and incorporate this evaluation into the final grades for the group project.
3 Point Discussion Rubric (click on thumbnail to enlarge)
20 Point Rubric (click on thumbnail to enlarge)
To view and grade Turnitin Assignments:
Watch a video on how to access the Turnitin Assignment Inbox.
- Go to the Blackboard course that contains the Turnitin Assignment.
- Go to Control Panel > Course Tools > Turnitin Assignment
- Click on the Turnitin Assignment you wish to view or grade to go to the inbox for that assignment.
Hint: Here you’ll see a listing of your students. If you don’t see all your students, click on “Roster Sync.”
- Now you have several options:
- To view the originality report (sources that match your student’s paper), click on the colored bar in the Similarity column.
- To grade the assignment click on the bubble icon in the Grade column.
- For more information on originality reports and grading options in Turnitin, please consult the Turnitin Manual for Instructors found here: http://pages.turnitin.com/rs/iparadigms/images/Blackboard_9_Integration_Instructor_Manual.pdf