Blackboard allows you to copy tests, quizzes, surveys and pools of questions from one course to another. Here are the instructions:
1. Begin in the course that contains the test, survey or pools you would like to copy. Go to Control Panel > Course Tools > Tests, Surveys and Pools > Choose Tests, Surveys or Pools.
2. Hover just to the right of the name of the test, survey or pool you wish to copy, and you’ll find a chevron. Click on the chevron and choose “Export” from the drop down menu.
3. A zip file will be downloaded to your computer.
4. Next, go to the course into which you would like to copy the test. Go to Control Panel > Packages and Utilities > Import Pack/View Logs > Import Package.
5. Click on “Browse My Computer” and select the .zip file from your downloads. Check the box for Test, Surveys and Pools and click “submit”.
6. Once the test, survey or pool has been copied, you’ll need to deploy it in your Blackboard. See: http://blogs.uis.edu/colrs/2013/04/09/posting-deploying-a-test-for-students/
Some UIS instructors may require proctored exams. When a UIS online student needs to take an exam, he or she will be required to make arrangements in advance for the exam to be proctored (supervised).
COLRS offers some forms that may be helpful for instructors and students in arranging for proctors. Please see the Online Teaching at UIS: Proctored Exams page for more information.