By Layne Morsch, FDRO Faculty Associate
While email is one of the main modes of communication for most of us faculty, many of our students don’t regularly check their email no matter how much it is recommended. Canvas has a good solution with the Canvas Inbox. There are several reasons the Canvas Inbox is superior to regular email:
- Students are used to having to check Canvas (LMS) for class information.
- Students using the Canvas app get a notice when they have a new message.
- Students can add a mobile number to receive text notifications.
- Students can send emails to other students in class without having to share personal email addresses.
- Faculty using the Canvas app get a notice when they have a new message.
- It organizes all communications for each course and keeps them out of your email inbox (though you can choose to get an email each time you get a message in Canvas, or daily, weekly or no notifications).
- Canvas Inbox is FERPA compliant.
View this post to learn how to send messages using the Canvas Inbox.