In August of 2017, Turnitin will be moving to an updated user interface called “Feedback Studio.”
Turnitin Feedback Studio is designed around empowering you and your students by giving you the information and the tools needed for an efficient submission and marking process. Turnitin has made improvements to accessibility, responsiveness, and navigation, all designed to help instructors build better writers, with an emphasis on integrity.
This Instructor Guide offers video tutorials as well as written guidance for using Feedback Studio.
Turnitin is plagiarism detection software available to faculty at UIS. To learn more about using Turnitin as a student, please see the TurnItIn QuickStart Guide.
You may also find the Turnitin Manual for Students (pdf) a helpful resource.
Click on the image above for the Turnitin Instructor Manual
The Internet has perpetuated the age old problem of plagiarism. Turnitin can assist faculty in detecting and preventing plagiarism. It is also an excellent assignment collection, grading, and feedback tool, and can be used as an online collaborative learning tool where students can get feedback from their classmates.
View a video overview of Turnitin.
The Turnitin database includes:
- Over 10 Billion Web Pages Crawled & Archived
- Over 70 Million Student Papers
- Over 10,000 Major Newspapers, Magazines & Scholarly Journals
- Thousands Of Books Including Literary Classics
- Printable Reports
- Side-By-Side Comparison
Turnitin provides the ability for faculty to:
- Quickly and conveniently identify how much material in a student’s paper is available on the Internet.
- Deter students who may otherwise be tempted to use sources inappropriately.
- Address the issue of proper citation of sources in a paper.
- Pick up tips for writing assignments that discourage plagiarism and encourage independent thought.
- Find handouts for students on plagiarism, proper citation, and writing and research skills
Ideas for Using Turnitin
- Peer-to-Peer Paper Review’s
- Electronic Writing Portfolio’s
- Online Commenting
- Multiple Rubric Grading
How to Access
Turnitin is an available tool within Blackboard. The ‘Turnitin Assignments’ link can be found under the Course Tools section of the Control Panel. If that link is not there, you will need to add the Turnitin tool to your course by clicking on ‘Tool Availability’ under the Customization section of the Control Panel.