The Clery Act contains certain requirements related to students who have been determined to be missing more than 24 hours. One of these requirements included providing all students with an opportunity to name an emergency contact that is specifically related to and used when a student has been determined to be missing. This is separate from your normal emergency contact. I encourage you to identify a contact for this purpose.
All active UIS Students can designate a “Primary Contact if Missing “ individual by following the instructions noted below.
Designating a “Primary Contact if Missing” via Student Self-Service:
- Log into Student Self-Service (https://apps.uillinois.edu/),
- Click on the “Personal Information” link,
- Click on the “Emergency Contacts” link,
- Click on the “New Contact” link,
- Select the “Primary Contact if Missing” relationship designation from the pull-down list, and
- Enter all requested information (e.g., name, address) and click “Submit Changes.”